BCSTA has created several useful handouts and printed materials, which can assist boards of education in their daily work.
- Performance Planning and Review for School Superintendents: A useful guide created by BCSTA's former Executive Director Dr. Stephen Hansen, this introduces the Performance Planning and Review (PPR) process and its implementation.
- School Board Self-Review: A Guide for British Columbia School Boards: This provides an introduction to an ongoing process intended to help improve governance, increase accountability, demonstrate leadership, and create a foundation for continuous improvement.
- School Board Meetings: A sample procedural bylaw for BC boards of education.
- Policy backgrounder on Local Government Interests in School Lands and a chart regarding the Legislative History of School Lands in BC.
- Acronym handout: acronyms used in education, from ABE to UBCIC