BCSTA has invited industry and sector leaders to present on the theme of “How does a strong public education system make a difference to your sector?” The presentations will take place during Provincial Council, 7:00 PM, February 17, 2017 at the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue. The speakers will present in a PechaKucha-style format of 20×20 (20 slides, 20 seconds each) which ensures a dynamic and lively evening. The presentations will be recorded and made available shortly after the event.
- Dr. Patty Daly, VP Public Health and Chief Medical Health Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health
- James Hursthouse, Acting Director, DigiBC
- Bernard Richard, Acting Representative for Children and Youth, Representative of Children and Youth
- Isobel Mackenzie, Senior’s Advocate
- James Rout, Associate Vice President of Education Support and Innovation, British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Kishoore Ramanathan and Amy Zeng, Student Voice, Richmond School District
Elections Engagement Committee chairs Donna Sargent and Gordon Swan will preside over the event and facilitate questions from the floor.